GXT Green's ECOgrade photodegradable bags win two Silver Medals
Billerica, MA USA – July 29, 2013 – GXT Green's ECOgrade™ Bag has been named the Silver award winner in both the Product of the Year and Most Innovative Product of the Year categories in Best in Biz Awards 2013 International. Best in Biz Awards is an independent business awards program judged by a worldwide consortium of members of the press and industry analysts. This international award comes on the heels of ECOgrade bag's recognition in the United States as Consumer Product of The Year from MassTLC in 2012, and as a finalist for the SBANE 2013 Innovation of the Year award.
ECOgrade Photodegradable Shopping Bags are rapidly being embraced by some of the leading grocers and retailers in the world. ECOgrade bags showcase GXT Green's innovative approach to having economics meet ecology, and are an example of GXT Green's breakthrough sustainable products and services that cost effectively solve everyday concerns of corporations, communities, and governments. ECOgrade bags are the safe, convenient, competitively priced, sustainable solution to plastic bag pollution and greenhouse gas reduction. They address the needs of retailers and consumers with an environmentally and economically viable alternative to bans on plastic bag use.
ECOgrade bags offer the following benefits:
- If littered or lost, they degrade completely within 240 days of exposure to sunlight
- Are approved for recycling
- Leave no toxic waste residue
- Use 15% less energy in manufacturing bags
- Produce 1/3 less Greenhouse gas
- Use nearly 50% less plastic resin
- And very importantly - cost about the same as regular plastic bags.
You can learn more about ECOgrade bags at http://www.ECOgradebag.com. For a video about the ECOgrade bag solution, please visit http://youtu.be/JPWpLnBJfwU.
More than 150 public and private companies representing all sectors of the economy from more than 25 countries competed for Best in Biz Awards’ International’s Honors. Winners of Best in Biz Awards 2013 International were determined based on scoring from a panel of 43 judges drawn from top-tier news, business, finance, and technology publications and media outlets from 18 countries, with all continents represented. This year’s judging panel included writers and contributors to such publications as Advertiser Adelaide (Australia), Analyst 2.0 (Canada), ARD (Germany), Asian Power (Singapore), Australian (Australia), Bennett Business Connections (Canada), Business Insider (Australia), Canadian Business (Canada), Castleford Media (Australia), Channel NewsAsia (Singapore), CTV (Canada), Dynamic Business (Australia), Element Magazine (New Zealand), Encore Magazine (Australia), Gizmodo and Lifehacker (Australia), IAA Magazine (United Arab Emirates), InBusiness (Cyprus and Greece), Irish Independent (Ireland), Jerusalem Post (Israel), Kaiser The Sage (Philippines), Kontan Mingguan (Indonesia), Outlook Business Magazine (India), PC Authority (Australia), PC Format (United Kingdom), Pro Sound Systems (India), Regional Economic Development Blog (Australia), RTE (Ireland), Stuff.co.nz (New Zealand), TechHim (India), TechnoFILE.com (Canada), Techtalk (United States), Thoughtful China (Hong Kong), Toronto Standard (Canada), Vancouver Sun (Canada), Vyapar (India), Ventures Africa (Nigeria), Winnipeg Free Press (Canada), Wirausaha & Keuangan (Indonesia), WirelessDuniya (India), YourStory.in (India) and Xbox Plus (Brazil). For a full list of winners in the product categories for Best in Biz Awards 2013 International, visit: http://intl.bestinbizawards.com/intl-2013-winners-product.
GXT Green, “where Economics Meets Ecology” is a leader in creating and leveraging strategies, services, and products that help the corporate community meet their economic and social sustainability needs.
GXT Green supports clients in three areas:
- Drive improved profitability and sustainability through innovative products that address urgent environmental concerns such as plastic bags and Styrofoam packaging pollution. Products include ECOgrade™ photo-degradable bags; the underlying ECOgrade Resin additive which can be used as a cost effective and sustainable plastic resin alternative; and the ECO-R3SP zero-waste packing solution.
- Design and execute green marketing strategies to enhance corporate brands. Outstanding sustainability accomplishments are recognized as a public service through the GXT Green Seal Certification Program.
- Complete the zero carbon footprint equation by developing and offering carbon offset credits derived from the highest quality carbon projects around the world. GXT Green is involved in development of REDD+ carbon offset forestry projects in several countries.
GXT Green is a division of Global Exchange Technologies, Inc., which a global leader in technology, infrastructure and domain expertise that facilitates the establishment of next-generation financial and commodity exchanges. http://www.GxtGreen.com.
About Best in Biz Awards
Best in Biz Awards recognizes top companies, teams, executives and products for their business success as judged by established members of the press and industry analysts. Best in Biz Awards honors are conferred in three separate programs annually: North America, EMEA, and International. 2012 winners included: 1-800-Flowers, Citrix, Clinical Research Advantage, Constant Contact, Dell SonicWALL, Direct Edge, Epson, Hilton, LifeLock, National Association of Realtors, and others. For more information about the International program, visit: http://intl.bestinbizawards.com.