ECOgrade Degradable Shopping Bags
End the Paper vs. Plastic Debate with GXT Green ECOgrade™ Photo Degradable Shopping Bags
GXT Green is the only provider of new ECOgrade certified degradable bags.
- Are made from an entirely new compound, called Calcium Olefinic Glucosate.
- If littered or lost, these bags degrade to a non-toxic residue within 240 days of exposure to sunlight, which can then further biodegrade.
- Approved for recycling with plastics.
- Produce 34% less Greenhouse gas in pre-production.
- Use less energy in manufacturing than plastic bags.
… for about the same cost as plastic bags.
GXT Green ECOgrade bags have been certified to be degradable according to ASTM 5272 and ASTM 5208 standard, and certified as non-toxic through independent testing. Read More Here
Unlike other types of degradable bags, they leave no toxic residue when they degrade, nor do they compromise the recycle chain if they are recycled with other plastic bags. GXT Green ECOgrade degradable bags provide the ultimate bagging solution, without forfeiting convenience.
Finally the end to the “paper or plastic” debate: ECOgrade Degradable Bags
Each year millions of discarded plastic shopping bags end up as litter in the environment
- Regular plastic bags can take up to 400 years to degrade, can be dangerous to wildlife if ingested, and may leech toxic chemicals into soil, lakes, rivers, and oceans.
- Paper bags are no better: It takes approximately four times as much energy to manufacture a paper bag than it does to manufacture a plastic bag, generates more air pollution, and creates 50 times more water pollution than plastic bags.
- Reusable bags are an inconvenience, and raise concerns about sanitary food handling.
- GXT Green ECOgrade Bags are a better bag solution. ECOgrade degradable bags are manufactured with Calcium Olefinic Glucosate compound and degrade in approximately "240 days... And customers love using them!".
Links to Additional Information on ECOgrade® Bags
Field Testing of ECOgrade Bags vs. Plastic and Non-wovens.
Certifications and Testing
Types Of Bags- Why ECOgrade a Better Solution
Awards and Recognition
Download a Marketing Sheet
or Contact us at email@example.com
See a video about the importance of the ECOgrade Bag solution: