ECOgrade Degradable Shopping Bags
End the Paper vs. Plastic Debate with GXT Green® ECOgrade® Degradable Shopping Bags
GXT Green is the only provider of new ECOgrade certified degradable bags.
Customized to Your Needs:
Various communities and parts of the world require different specifications of degradable features to meet their needs. Thus, GXT Green has developed a menu of materials which we use to customize bags to fit your requirements. These include:
- Anaerobic degradable (landfill disposal)
- Bio-based polymers
As well as degradable reusable bags.
All ECOgrade Bags
- Are made from a patented mineral and organic-based compound.
- If littered or lost, these bags degrade to a non-toxic residue
- Produce less Greenhouse gas
- Use less energy in manufacturing than plastic bags and paper
... for about the same cost as plastic bags.
ECOgrade-based products are available with a menu of degradable characteristics. Our product Matrix is as follows:
|Series Name||Attribute (Menu Based)||ASTM Certification|
|Commonwealth||Photo degradable||ASTM 5272|
|Lexington||Photo + Bio degradable||ASTM 5272 ASTM 6400 ASTM 5338|
|Concord*||Photo + Anaerobic degradable||ASTM 5272 ASTM 5511|
|Newton*||Photo + Bio + Anaerobic degradable||ASTM 5272 ASTM 5511 ASTM 6400 ASTM 5338|
|Walden*||Renewable||ASTM 5272 ASTM 5511 ASTM 6400 ASTM 5338|
GXT Green ECOgrade bags have been certified to be degradable under ASTM standards listed above, and certified as non-toxic through independent testing. Read More Here
Unlike many other types of degradable bags, they leave no toxic residue when they degrade, and are recyclable. GXT Green ECOgrade degradable bags provide the ultimate bagging solution, without forfeiting convenience, cost, or sustainability.
FINALLY THE END TO THE "PAPER OR PLASTIC" DEBATE: ECOGRADE DEGRADABLE BAGS
Each year millions of discarded plastic shopping bags end up as litter in the environment
- Plastic bags can take up to 400 years to degrade, can be dangerous to wildlife if ingested, and may leech toxic chemicals into soil, lakes, rivers, and oceans.
- Paper bags are no better: It takes approximately four times as much energy to manufacture a paper bag than it does to manufacture a plastic bag, generates more air pollution, and creates 50 times more water pollution than plastic bags, and results in deforestation.
- Non-degradable reusable bags are an inconvenience, create more waste when disposed of, and raise concerns about sanitary food handling.
- GXT Green ECOgrade Bags are a better bag solution. ECOgrade degradable bags are manufactured with mineral and organic compounds and degrade in nature... And customers love using them!".
Links to Additional Information on ECOgrade® Bags
Field Testing of ECOgrade Bags vs. Plastic and Non-wovens.
Certifications and Testing
Types Of Bags- Why ECOgrade a Better Solution
Awards and Recognition
Download a Marketing Sheet
or Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
See a video about the importance of the ECOgrade Bag solution: